You will need:
Flour – 500 g
Butter – 50 g
Sugar – 2 tablespoons
Maraschino liqueur – 1/2 tablespoon
Eggs – 2
Water – 2 tablespoons
Salt – pinch
Almonds – 1 kg
Sugar – 900 g
Maraschino liqueur – 6 tablespoons
Eggs – 6
Orange zest – 1 1/2 oranges
Lemon zest – 1 lemon
How to make it:
1. Blanch the almonds – remove skin and ground them.
2. To make the dough kneed together flour, butter, sugar, eggs, salt, water and Maraschino until it is firm. Place the dough in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes.
3. Now for the filing. In a bowl place the ground almonds and add sugar, orange and lemon zest, eggs and maraschino and mix well.
4. Roll out the pastry very thin and cut into spiral shape using a pastry-cutter wheel and place on baking paper on an oven tray.
5 Add the filing on top and put on a couple almonds which have not been ground in the centre.
6. Use the strips of dough which had been cut to make the spiral shape and use them around the sides of the spiral – wrinkle them to create the distinct shape of the Rab cake.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 100°C (with fan) or 120°C (without fan) for around 40 minutes.
8. Take out and cool then dust generously with icing sugar.
Recipe from: https://www.croatiaweek.com/croatian-recipes-rab-cake/
Image from: https://dealshaker.com/en/deal/rapska-torta-u-obliku-ekstravagantnog-puza/x3Q6rTZ33XKsMk1oW1SdnNK-dOyTBTk-smADbRMekYo~